Safety and Training
The CSS team has an excellent safety record. CSS safety training adheres to the standards and regulations legislated by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA), and the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) of Ontario.
CSS continuously updates its safety and technical training. Annual instruction includes a review and testing of the CSS Health Safety manual, with testing, and an overview of customer and worksite protocols. All training is documented and CSS technicians are certified following proficiency testing.
Annual training includes instruction, testing and certification in:
- Fall Arrest Protection – Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
- Fall Protection Equipment Inspection
- First Aid (St. John Ambulance)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Tower Access and Rescue
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
As a prime contractor, Canadian Space Services Ltd. (CSS) will provide complete installation services employing a variety of specialized trades, including welders, electricians and mechanical contractors.
- CSS carpenter fabricating crates for a radome panel shipment
- CSS welder modifying a tower.
- Local subcontractors are employed for civil works including concrete forming, fencing and area lighting.
Extreme Environmental Conditions
CSS field services personnel have encountered many unique situations while working at various radar and satellite earth stations.
Each field services supervisor has a wide range of expertise and experience in all phases of radome field services including:
- Rigging and aerial lift use
- Proper handling of specialized tools
- Working under unusual environmental conditions
- Specialized logistics